Buddha & The Yogis: The Wheel of Time and The River of Stars with Michele Loew and Robert Thurman
This year’s Buddha & Yogis retreat in Molokai, Hawaii will intimately explore the super-subtle sciences of Vajrayana found in Mahayana Buddhist Tantras & the Yogic Tantras of Saivism and Vaishnavism.We will explore these subtle mind yogas intellectually and experientially with daily practices of yoga asana, pranayama, mantra & meditation within the tantric mandala, and with teachings on the Unexcelled Yoga Tantra of the Kalachakra “Wheel of Time” on the Buddhist side, & Sankaracharya’s “Yoga Taravali” (River of Stars) on the Yogis’ Side.
Within an intention of providing us with the experiential wisdom of knowing the nature of reality, the Kalachakra tantra especially is an art of rebuilding the universe over time out of love and compassion knowing that within this context beings could be provided the tools to evolve and find true happiness. Sharing practices which provide students with the wisdom, technical skills and transformative abilities to reshape the universe and intimately know the awakened experiences of the Buddha & the Yogis, this retreat will be powerful to all. Join us for this immersion in the magic of the forest, ocean, sky, and the tantric mandala.Pu'u O Hoku Ranch is a family-owned biodynamic and organic ranch and farm, rustic retreat center, and sublime getaway on the remote and tranquil east end of Molokai, Hawaii. “Pu'u O Hoku” is surrounded by more than 14,000 acres of protected land, immersed in the transcendent beauty of one of Hawaii’s most amazing islands. Don’t miss this opportunity to start the New Year & 2020 in beauty and the bliss of these inspired yoga practices and studies with master teachers in this intimate and natural setting.
Only 11 rooms available, so please book soon!
For more information about Pu'u O Hoku Ranch, click here to visit their website.
Photo by @allie_oop
Sample ScheduleArrival Day
- 3 - 8pm Check-in
- 5 - 6pm Yoga
- 6:30 - 7:30pm Dinner
- 7:30pm Opening teaching & meditation/ Welcome & Opening Discussion (All Faculty)
Typical Daily Schedule
- 6:30 - 7am Sunrise Meditation
- 7 - 9am Pranayama & Yoga Asana
- 9 - 10am Breakfast
- 10:30am - 12:30pm Philosophy study, mantra, chanting, meditation
- 12:30 - 4pm Free time, ocean, hiking, relaxing, touring
- 4 - 6pm Lecture & Experiential study with Professor Thurman
- 6:30 - 7:30 dinner
- 7:30 - 8:30pm Yoga Nidra or mantra practice
- 7 nights lodging, 3 organic meals daily on the Lanai sourced from the farm, classes with Professor Thurman and Michele Loew
- Special guided sunrise meditation walk to the very east end of Molokai to watch the sunrise and the whales
- Guided hike to the amazing Halawa waterfalls
- Free time in the afternoons to meditate or play on the secluded beaches
- Travel expenses. Note: if you want to rent a car, secure much in advance, as they are limited on the island (about 30 miles)