A dynamic and flowing style of hatha yoga which links breath and movement through a creative series of postures that balance strength and flexibility while cultivating mindfulness through a continuous flow. Vinyasa is cleansing, heat building and suitable for the physically active. Our Vinyasa teachers are trained in alignment and therapeutics and give verbal alignment cues and/or gentle hands-on assists.
This dynamic, all levels class builds heat, strength and flexibility. Move through a series of postures strung together in creative sequences designed to help you find proper alignment and connection to your breath. Feel supported through gentle hands-on assists while you cleanse your body and focus your mind.
Classical yoga asana (postures), breath work, and gentle warming movements to build strength, flexibility and relaxation. Focus on standing poses and basic seated work that is suitable for all levels. Generally a slower pace than Vinyasa yoga.
A form of yoga that targets connective tissue of the hips, pelvis and spine. Postures are held for longer periods of time, facilitating deeper opening. The class also incorporates Taoist meditation throughout the practice and is suitable for all ages, levels of fitness and flexibility.
An active practice to greet your day with! Cultivate mindfulness through continuous movement linked with breath. Move through creative sequences that highlight proper alignment, supported with gentle hands-on assists. Move into your day with strength, flexibility and energy!
Flow & Restore
Begin class with energizing flow that builds strength and flexibility and ease into a restorative series of long-held poses. Great for any level practitioner. Leave feeling refreshed and renewed!
Students learn and practice the Ashtanga series, setting their own pace to develop an independent and individual practice. Teachers provide one-on-one feedback and appropriate hands-on assists to students as the sequences are learned and developed gradually, from one pose to the next. The series of postures cleanses, strengthens, energizes and nourishes the body while providing a tool for focusing attention through meditative, breath-based movement. This is a powerful Vinyasa practice.
- Students are encouraged to arrive anytime from the start of class through the "arrive by" time or end of class (as noted on our calendar), to allow time for the development of the series.
- When you arrive, the front door will likely be locked. Please ring the doorbell (firmly) and the Mysore teacher will let you in.
- Classes are cancelled on New and Full moon days, about every 2 weeks, to take rest. It is part of the Ashtanga tradition we chose to honor. There is a reminder email sent out ahead of moon days. Please be sure to have signed up to receive these email notifications from The Yoga Space.
Moon Days through June 2020:
- January, Friday 10th – full moon
- January, Friday 24th – new moon
- February, Saturday 8th – full moon
- February, Sunday 23rd – new moon
- March, Monday 9th – full moon
- March, Tuesday 24th – new moon
- April, Tuesday 7th – full moon
- April, Wednesday 22nd – new moon
- May, Thursday 7th – full moon
- May, Friday 22nd – new moon
- June, Friday 5th – full moon
- June, Saturday 20th – new moon
Mysore Room Etiquette:
- Enter the Mysore room quietly and be mindful of others.
- Sign in before you start your practice and check in with the teacher if you have any questions or important notifications (ex: injuries, request for no hands-on assists, etc.).
Ashtanga Led Primary Series
The Ashtanga Primary Series - Yoga Chikitsa - cleanses and strengthens the body while providing a tool for focusing one’s attention through breath-based movement. You will move as a group through the full series of postures or spend time to focus on a section of postures based on student interests and experience. Teachers provide appropriate hands-on assists for alignment and to move you further into poses. This is a powerful Vinyasa practice.
- Classes are cancelled on New and Full moon days, about every 2 weeks, to take rest. It is part of the Mysore tradition we chose to honor. There is a reminder email sent out ahead of moon days. Please be sure to have signed up to receive email notifications from The Yoga Space.
Happy Hour Vinyasa
Yoga is for everyone. Join us in this vinyasa class similar to our other vinyasa classes except it's cheaper. Vinyasa is an active practice that cultivates mindfulness through continuous movement linked with breath. We guide you through creative sequences, focusing on your alignment through verbal cues and gentle hands-on assists, while you build strength, flexibility and a deep connection between your body and mind.
A gentle yoga practice of healing the body and mind. We use quiet, supported poses to restore energy, reduce stress, soothe the mind and provide healing to the physical, energetic, mental, emotional and bliss layers of the body. Based on much of the therapeutic work of BKS Iyengar.
Yoga Nidra is a deeply healing, transformational practice with profound benefits that range from the physiological to the spiritual. A long, guided relaxation (similar to savasana), it allows the body and mind to access pure rest, boosting health and sense of wellness. On a deeper level, it is a practice in releasing problem solving, daily stresses and fear patterns, and finding peace in the truest sense of self. Nidra welcomes us home to effortless bliss and loving freedom.