Upcoming Training Dates
STARTS NOVEMBER 11th, 2023!
Join Michele Loew & Ian Lemasters for an amazing course to support you becoming a brilliant teacher.
November 11, 2023-April 14th 2024
*Option to join Michele & Ian in Costa Rica March 16-23 :)
Tuition with Costa Rica $5500 prior to October 1st (payment plans available)
About the Program
November 11-12 (Ian & Michele at Yoga Space)
November 17-19 (Ian & Michele at Yoga Space
December 1-3 (Ian Yoga Space) Or (Michele in New York City for Enlightened Sleep Yogas at Tibet House US) Both will be replayable on our On-Demand platform)
December 11-17 (Required online Livestream of The Mahasiddhas Course with Robert Svoboda, Krishna Das, Michele Loew, Robert Thurman)-this can be rewatched on-demand or if you would like to attend in person, it is in New York and will have an additional charge. There is no additional tution charge for participating online.
- December 21: Winter Solstice Michele philosophy & yoga nidra
January 19-21. (Ian and Michele at Yoga Space)
February 9-11. (Ian and Michele at Yoga Space)
March 1-3. (Ian and Michele at Yoga Space)
March 16-23 (Elective for additional fee- see pricing..Blue Spirit Costa Rica with Michele & Ian)
- April 12-14. (Ian and Michele at Yoga Space for closing weekend)
Our 300-Hr Yoga Alliance Hatha/Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training taught by Michele Loew & Ian LeMasters builds on your 200 hr. foundational training and will provide you with expert level education and teaching skills in Vinyasa yoga, the science of Hatha Yoga, teaching methodology, injury prevention & support, alignment based asana, pranayama, meditation, and comparative Indic philosophy in classical yoga, Buddhism, Hinduism, and Indic philosophy from a non-sectarian approach. It is designed to polish your teaching to the next level of brilliance. In 200 hour trainings we learn the basics to teach and begin our self study, here we will learn who we are as teachers and learn to teach from within & share that yoga which we have deeply integrated.
Michele Loew will teach, advise, and curate this course, with Ian LeMasters giving anatomy and advanced asanas training, and world renowned Doug Keller, Robert A.F. Thurman, Dr. Robert Svoboda, & Krishna Das, sharing wisdom on elective segments of this course. Upon completion of this course and all materials, you will receive a 300 hr that qualifies you to be a 500hr YA teacher if you already hold a 200 hr YA certificate.
Please contact Michele at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have more detailed questions about this course.
Immersions for additional hours/ credit
- Blue Spirit 70 hr- 1week immersion March 16-23 2023 in Nosara, Costa Rica with Michele & Ian (extra charge)
- 100 hr Yoga Nidra Online Immersion (2023 on-demand replay course with homework and self study or 2024 live course)- 100 hours. (2023 course no extra charge/ 2024 $300 extra)
- Required Mahasiddhas Reunion with Michele Loew, Krishna Das, Dr. Robert Svoboda, and Robert Thurman December 11-17, 2023 (online). 100 hours (no extra charge unless you go in-person)
- Vajra Yoga Module 1, 2, or 3 with Michele Loew & Robert Thurman for students interested in philosophy, buddhism, and Tibetan yogas. Each module is 100 hrs. (extra fee of $300/ module)
- Ian's Yoga Lab once a month Friday nights-dates TBA
Online/self paced requirements inlcuded in your course on our on demand learning platform teachable
- Anatomy videos & quizzes- 30 hours
- Doug Keller 3 day on-demand course on yoga therapy & Prana vayus replay with quizzes- 30 hours
- philosophy reading & assignments-Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Yoga Taravali: Reading, lectures, and writing assignments or projects. 30 hours. Michele will give assigned reading and a few fun projects to help you integrate these into your life.
- teaching, assisting, or video presentations. 10 + hours- This will include creating a 60 minute teaching video as a final.
$3900 Full Tuition
$5500 including Costa Rica March retreat-in Eco Cottage/ room upgrades cost a little more:)
Weekend 1: Foundations of the Middle Path; Standing Poses and Suryanamaskar; Standing Poses, Tantra/Ashtanga Vinyasa & Trishtana; Kena, Katha, & selected Upanishads; Meditation training. Basic Sanskrit & chanting.
Weekend 2: Forward Bends, Yoga Sutras; Meditation Training.
Weekend 3: Backbends & Twists Yoga Sutras; Meditation Training
Weekend 4: Yoga Therapeutics; The Bhagavad Gita "The Middle Path of Love"; Meditation Training
Weekend 5: Hip Openings, philosophy, meditation
Weekend 6: Arm Balancing, philosophy, meditation
Weekend 7: Handstands, philosophy, meditation
Weekend 8: Inversions & Arm Balancing, philosophy, meditation
Michele Loew is the owner of The Yoga Space and is an international yoga teacher & practitioner of Hatha & Tibetan Yogas. She is also the founding director of the Vajra Yoga School of Comparative Buddhist & Indic Yogic studies she co-teaches with Professor Robert A.F. Thurman for Tibet House US. She has taught, practiced, & studied avidly since 1998, and is known for her ability to see each student and address their individual needs both therapeutically and energetically. She is a master at hands on assists, alignment, and greatly enjoys teaching spirituality and philosophy that provides a path to happiness for all.
Michele teaches regular classes and 200 & 500 YA trainings in Yoga & Yoga Nidra in Portland & New York, as well as retreats and workshops internationally.
Ian discovered the practice of Yoga in 2011 while seeking a physical routine to stay in shape for his field work as an Archaeologist in Latin America. His practice quickly grew to incorporate mental and spiritual connotations as well, and in 2013 he completed his 200 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training in Vinyasa Yoga under Tiffany Maloney in Beaumont, Texas. His classes are a Vinyasa-based Asana practice that aim to find the connection of Mind, Body, and Breath while exploring the joy of being present in motion. Being an avid lover of movement culture, Ian also completed an Acroyoga Teacher training under Daniel Scott in 2016, a.k.a. The Yoga of Trust, and offers a teaching style that emphasizes the power of human connection with a personal motto: "To show how healing the art of play can be when done through a space of mindful connection".