200-Level Teacher Training
Upcoming Training Dates
Weekend Format In-Person Hands-On at The Yoga Space Portland or Livestream
August 26- November 20, 2022
- 9 transformational weekend intensives in studio or via zoom livestream
- Livestream replays of all sessions for 1 year after course end on our learning platform.
- 3 months Unlimited Studio Class Pass.
- Mentors and Peer study groups
- Practice teaching opportunities with fellow students over the weekends & ongoing with friends & family
About the Program
Our program is rooted in the lineage of Krishnamacharya, blending the Vinyasa flow, internal form, and intelligent progression found in the Ashtanga system, the precise alignment instructions and supported poses of the Iyengar system, and the modifications to the individual that Desikachar emphasized.
We will focus on:
- The Theory & Practice of Yoga (intensive asana, philosophy, pranayama and meditation study)
- Therapeutic Applications (learn to teach alignment based yoga as you gain a strong understanding of anatomy & physiology as applied to yoga asana.
- Art of Teaching (gain the confidence and tools to be an effective teacher using voice, body language, gentle assists, & the art of sequencing, as you practice teaching.
- Yoga Philosophy, The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Bhagavad Gita, The Upanishads, Hatha Yoga Pradipika & Comparative study of Buddha's Science.
Until August 15th, Tuition Weekend Format $2500: In-Person.
After August 15th, Tuition Weekend Format $2800: In-Person.
Tuition Self Study $800: Online Only.
Tuition Self Study + 3 Month Pass of Unlimited Classes at The Yoga Space $1150: Online Study + Class Attendance In-Person or Livestream.
(6 month payment plans available at $3000)
Upon acceptance, there is a $300 non-refundable deposit to hold your place.
Click HERE to submit an application.
To register for the Self Study, click HERE.
Michele Loew will lead the majority of this weekend format training with support from Ian LeMasters, and our wonderful Yoga Space staff. Meditation training will be led by Michele Loew, and Anatomy training by Ian Lemasters.
The 9 Weekend Course which begins August 26th will take place during Pacific Dailight/Standard Time. Friday nights from 6-8pm. Saturdays from 11-1pm & 2-5:30pm; Sundays from 11-1pm & 2-6pm. All sessions will take place at the NW studio for in person attendance, and will be livestreamed for remote viewing possibility. Some sessions on anatomy, or philosophy will be zoomed.
During the course of the training, students will have access to unlimited classes at The Yoga Space NW or online Zoom.
|Orientation, philosophy, light asana, yoga Nidra, Standing poses connecting to earth, Tadasana & samasthtih, linking pattern of breath with movement. 1st 3 positions of Suryanamaskar A,|
|Standing Poses & Downward Facing Dog study, assists, and alternatives, anatomy of the legs and feet, sitting practice alignment. Yoga Sutras Chapters 1 & 2 Meditation.|
|Forward Bends, Anatomy of the pelvis, back body muscles and fascial lines; Yoga Sutras; Sankyha Philosophy. Principles of Teaching.|
Sept. 30-Oct. 2
|Back bending with ease, principles and assists. Teaching Practicum. Yoga Sutras, Anatomy of psoas, spine, hip flexors and extensors.|
|Hip Openers, Marichayasanas; anatomy of hip joint and knee; Bhagavad Gita. Teaching Practicum. Meditation.|
|Twisting poses; anatomy of the core muscles, Beginning Pranayama. Bhagavad Gita Chapters 7-10|
|Art of sequencing a flow-based class; Beginning Inversions; Sarvangasana and Sirsasana cycles. Anatomy of the head, neck, accessing the core line. Bhagavad Gita, Teaching Practicum. Assisting in class.|
|Handstands, Arm balances, shoulder and wrist anatomy, Teaching Practicum, Meditation.|
|Closing Weekend, Pranayama, Subtle Body, taking seat of teacher, business of yoga|